Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Michelle Williams talks about it....



Michelle Williams finally spoke out about losing Heath Ledger. It has been almost a year since Heath died of a prescription drug overdose at the age of 28. When asked how she had been doing, she waited before answering, "It's so sad. I guess it's always changing. What else can I say?" she says. "I just wake up each day in a slightly different place -- grief is like a moving river, so that's what I mean by 'it's always changing.'"

"It's a strange thing to say, because I'm at heart an optimistic person, but I would say in some ways it just gets worse. It's just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone. In some ways it gets worse. That's what I would say." Tears!

Williams said that acting has helped her cope. "It's given me a sense of self-esteem, self-worth. I have this thing that I'm in love with -- acting -- and now it has this baggage." She plans to take a year off to spend time with their 3-year-old daughter, Matilda.

"I don't want to work while she's in school," Williams says of Matilda. "I want her to have a routine. I want the plainest, simplest, most ordinary, habituated routine possible. I just want to know what's coming next." We all do...bless her heart!

Us/Newsweek/PR Photos

1 comment:

Chick said...

That's a beautiful quote...I wish them peace.