Monday, June 30, 2008

Beyonce's wedding that never was



Salma Hayek is planning a $3.5 million dollar wedding next spring with her Gucci wearing fiance, Francois-Henry Pinault.

Word is they will fly in 400 guests on private jets for the five day celebration- held at a chateau near St. Tropez, France- at a cost of $700,000. Salma's wedding gown is being custom made by Nicolas Ghesquiere, the creative director of Pinault-owned Balenciaga. Pinault also owns Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent. Swoon. Salma's dress is said to cost a mere $500,000.

Get this, Salma's toddler Valentina will wear a $50,000 gown for the big day! The flower budget alone is almost $1 million.

According to a "friend," the couple's menu will include Beluga caviar, fresh lobster and Kobe beef from Japan. Her 7 tier cake will cost a cool $100,000. A source said, "Salma has dreamed her whole life about a Cinderella wedding, and she wants it done right- $3.5 million worth of right!"

Enquirer/ PR Photos

Update: The engagement is called off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prima donna bitch!

Anonymous said...

I hope this is all media hype, but it not, then it is truly obscene. With wars going on, people dying, children hungry and weather ravaging all parts of the world - to spend this much money on anything is absurd - no matter how rich you are.

Unknown said...

Totally agree. This is just spending for the sake of spending. Couldn't you spend that money on something helpful, useful or charitable, rather than something completely self-absorbed? Even if her budget was 20% of the stated amount, it would still be a totally lavish affair.

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so excited I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Aol for something
else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say
thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a
all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at
the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I
have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up
the superb b.

Here is my web site :: tao of badass