Friday, January 13, 2006

Joaquin directs People in Planes



No, he hasn't gone air traffic controller. Joaquin Phoenix has directed his first music video for the band People In Planes. Shot in the Ontario, California International Airport, the video gives us a taste of their first single.

The song, "If you Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode)" inspired Phoenix and gave him instant visuals. "I've never heard anything like it," he said.

"Really the movement and the rhythm of the song gave me my first ideas for images. I started doing some research on airports and found a couple of pictures from a Japanese architectural photographer and saw images of airports in blues and yellows. I really loved the idea of combining colors and giving it a really metallic look."

Guitarist Pete Roberts said, "The second we read Joaquin's treatment for our song we knew he got it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the guy on the far left looks like ashton to me.

Anonymous said...

serious that is Kutcher!