Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Star Jones...okay, buh bye



Star Jones announced Tuesday morning on The View that she'll be leaving the show in July.

"Something's been on my heart for a little bit, and after much prayer and counsel I feel like this is the right time to tell you that the show is moving in another direction for its tenth season and I will not be returning as cohost next year," she said on the air.

"That's shocking to me," interrupted Joy Behar, prompting Jones Reynolds to link hands with her cohosts. Pffft

Star said, "I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'm absolutely sure who holds the future." Ohhh, don't count your chickens...

Walters said, "It is a new chapter for Star. It will be a new chapter for The View in the fall."

Jones then turned around and told People mag, "What you don't know is that my contract was not renewed for the tenth season. I feel like I was fired." She adds that she was told her contract wouldn't be renewed just days before news leaked that O'Donnell would be joining The View.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This means she won't be back... Right?
RIGHT?
I don't want to have to gag every time I run into a picture of her anymore.