Monday, July 24, 2006

If I really had $100 million....



Salma Hayek denies reports she has a "$100 million fortune" and insists she would donate the money to the poor in her native Mexico if she had the cash.

Fortune magazine listed the actress as the second-richest Latin American in Hollywood, right behind that diva Jennifer Lopez.

She says, "It's a huge lie. It's very, very far from reality. I don't have that amount of money. Somebody sent me it and I laughed. It's a bit like a joke. Obviously I have never earned $100 million and I wouldn't even want to. With things as they are in Mexico, it bothers me that they put me in a group of millionaires with $100 million I don't have when there are so many people dying of hunger. If I had $100 million I would have retired and would be doing more things on an altruistic level than I can now. I would have opened centers in Mexico for violence against women and many other things."

No comments: