Thursday, September 22, 2005

Noooo!



Shirley Manson announced that Garbage will split up after they finish their Australian tour this month. The final show is on October 1. I'm crying.

"We've not stopped for 10 years," Manson said. "We always swore if it wasn't 100 percent fun we'd stop it. So that's what we've decided to do. It was important for us to say 'we're tired, this is becoming hard, we should stop right now'."

"It's something we all felt was the right move. We discussed it in an adult fashion over dinner one day and since then a burden has been lifted from everybody and our live shows have been incredible."

"I'm tired and I feel my life is out of control to a certain degree. I just need to get home. The rest of the band feels the same."


Manson did admit to a possible solo career. Whew.

4 comments:

neal gardner said...

I was a big Garbage fan when they first came out in '95 (Christ, I'm dating myself here).

Quick story: early '96. my girlfriend at the time and i took a wknd trip to Montreal to unwind. with nothing to do in the middle of the day, we stopped by a club to see who was playing that night. ended up being garbage, but tickets sold out. we sneaked into soundcheck, introduced ourselves to shirley, and told her we were in town from ny but couldn't get tix. she gave us tix+vip passes, as well as vip passes to their ny show 4 days later. very cool, great sense of humor. hope all goes well for her and the guys.

CrankyBiscuit said...

Wow, I'm glad I caught them at Inland Invasion last weekend. They were great, and Shirley had amazing charisma on stage.

Gabs said...

that is so cool neal...im jealous. cranky!! just in time

Michael K said...

I am a huge garbage fan, but I didn't like their newest record.