Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Depressed? Hang like a bat



On this Friday's episode of The View, Rosie O'Donnell will tell the people her secret mix for fighting depression. Rosie said that it all started after the Columbine massacre back in 99'.

"I couldn't stop crying," she says. "I stayed in my room. The lights were off. I couldn't get out of bed, and that's when I started taking medication."

It's also when she started yoga and "inversion therapy," in which she hangs upside down by a swing for 15 to 30 minutes a day. Bonus! She will do a demo on Friday's show.

She also says that she suffers from seasonal affective disorder, which causes her to feel depressed during the fall and winter. "Like in The Wizard of Oz, the color goes out," Rosie said. "That is what happens in depression. Everything gets gray."

Back in September O'Donnell had announced, "I'm taking my medicines, so everything's going to be fine." She says on the show, "Medicine saved my life."

People

No comments: