Friday, June 22, 2007

Permission to land...Travolta coming in



John Travolta is in the record books after becoming the first non-test pilot to fly the new Airbus A380 SuperJumbo. Travolta is a qualified pilot with more than 5,000 flight hours under his belt.

At the Paris Air Show, Travolta said, "I was the first non-test pilot to fly the A380. It was a moment of history. It was fantastic. It's very easy to fly. It was a hand stick operation. It is very forgiving. If you make a mistake, it handles it for you thanks to the latest technical evolutions, whereas I am used to the older Boeing that is a much more hands-on type of flying."

Travolta said he hoped to find time to fly Boeing's F/A-18 fighter jet while at the Paris show. "I've been invited to fly an F18 on Saturday. I'm hoping I'll be able to do that but I don't know if time permits."

When asked if he would buy any planes at the show, Travolta answered, "Oh, no, no, no." You know that really means, "Yes, yes, yesss!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm sure the "hand stick" operation was real easy for him.

Condorito said...

I wish I was the one, I love air planes and the A380 is always on my dreams, I wish I was on his shoes.Congratulation John Travolta