Monday, June 20, 2005

Tom Cruise attacked at London premiere



Four people were arrested after attacking Tom Cruise with water at the London premiere of War of the Worlds Sunday.

A freelance film crew squirted the actor with water as he walked the red carpet with his new fiancée Katie Holmes. Cruise did NOT laugh. He said, "Why would you do that?" What's so funny about that?" Getting more pissed he repeatedly said, "You're a jerk, you ought to be ashamed of yourself."

Security guards were then called and all four members of the film crew arrested on suspicion of assault. "The incident was for a new entertainment show, part of which involves playing comedy pranks on celebrities and on members of the public," a spokesperson said. "The water squirting was not intended to cause offense and was very much in a spirit of fun. We hope Tom Cruise will be able to see the joke in the spirit with which it was intended."

AP

3 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

I would have taken off my shirt and done a little dance. C'mon man, you live a charmed life... toughen up... then lighten up!

"attacked" with "water"??? Unless they used a firehouse, I find the word attacked a bit over-the-top. My kids attack my floors with water every time they bathe... it is always pretty funny!

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

fire HOSE - my bad

shrimpfriedrice said...

Oooooooooo . . . attack me with a fire house!!! Mmmmmmmmmm . . . firemen.