Sunday, July 24, 2005

Baldwin to follow Arnold

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Alec Baldwin is quitting his day job as an actor to enter the politics world. Is he still acting? Baldwin said he needs to make the most of the time "he has left." He says if Arnold can do it anyone can.

Baldwin said, "Arnold being elected governor of California was very heartening to me, because if the largest, most economically significant state in America could elect a man who is totally unqualified for the job, then they can elect anyone."

"People didn't vote for a governor, they cast a movie. He's a great guy, I've met him, but he had zero credentials for the job." And Baldwin does? Must have missed that one.

FF

3 comments:

neal gardner said...

Baldwin was in the movie Team America as the head of the Film Actors Guild. The movie was kinda political, and he was kinda in it (in puppet form), so I guess he is qualified to hold some sort of office?

Gabs said...

YES...that was it. A PUPPET...Baldwin was a puppet in Team America. Thanks Neal I couldn't rem what he was in last

Anonymous said...

I think that was the point of his comment. Essentially he means 'If Arnie can be totally unqualified and be governor then I guess I can be'. This doesn't mean he actually thinks he has the credentials to be governor.