Friday, July 22, 2005

Courtney Cox admits to postpartum depression



Courtney is speaking up and letting the world know she had depression after her baby, just like Brooke Sheilds did.

She told USA Today, "I went through a really hard time - not right after the baby, but when she turned six months old. I couldn't sleep. My heart was racing. And I got really depressed. I went to the doctor and found out my hormones had been pummelled."

Cox took the steroid hormone progesterone, and along with close friends she made it through just fine. Good for positive awareness! She even said they are already wanting to try for a little boy. Awww.

5 comments:

neal gardner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
neal gardner said...

Is it postpartum depression or postfriendsandnowfacingthegrimrealizationthat imarriedaloser depression?

Anonymous said...

Courtney seems like a nice lady in spite of all her fab money! And nice to speak out and encourage other moms like that.

Also, she's too old to play Tom's wife in a movie... so no bridges to burn!

Anonymous said...

I know more about postpartum depression then you women do..

www.tomcruiseisnuts.com

Anonymous said...

omigod, I LOVE that Tom Cruise site... I'm surprised his people haven't gotten that thing taken down yet!

In Tom's defense, I hate what happened with the water guns at that premiere. No one deserves that...