Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mira Sorvino's baby almost choked...



A restaurant manager performed a baby Heimlich maneuver to save Mira Sorvino's eight-month-old daughter from choking. Mira panicked when her baby started choking on a piece of bread during dinner at Jerry's Restaurant in New York City.

Sorvino admits she had no idea what to do and fears her baby would have died had it not been for the manager, who jumped into action and managed to save the baby's life.

Sorvino said, "There's nothing worse than seeing your child turn purple. I grab her and a woman who was sitting right behind me, Toi Tracy, an angel, basically grabs her from me and says, 'I just took the baby Heimlich course.' She grabs the baby, turns her over on her stomach, starts hitting her on the back as you're supposed to do. It wasn't working 100 per cent but I reached into her mouth and I got a piece of bread out of her mouth."

Contactmusic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that would be scary as all heck. I would think you squeeze under the ribcage; thank god Mira wasn't sitting near me.

That woman really was an angel sent for a reason. Now Mira will be able to educate moms everywhere, using her celebrity. Happy ending.