Sunday, July 01, 2007

Travolta...."Princess Di saved my career"



John Travolta said that if it weren't for the lovely Princess Diana, he would have been drop kicked a long time ago. After dancing with Diana at the famous White House dinner back in 1985- thrown by the Reagans, he claims he was brought back to life.

"That was an amazing moment because I was having a dip in my career and no one was interested in me. I felt like a frog who'd been turned into a prince."

Travolta had mega hits with Saturday Night Fever and Grease, but then his career went a little flat.

"Suddenly, I was the only thing in America that mattered to Princess Diana and I was reborn," he said.

Be sure to tune in TONIGHT on NBC 9/8c for the Concert for Diana organized by her boys. Today would have been Diana's 46th birthday. "This evening is about all that our mother loved in life -- her music, her dance, her charities and her family and friends," Prince William said.

Globe/ NBC

No comments: