Thursday, January 24, 2008

Farewell Heath



Director Shekhar Kapur spoke to Heath Ledger the night before he passed. Kapur has a wonderful tribute on his website:

"He made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up. I tried. Little did I know that his soul had already left his body."

"In Heath I have lost a younger brother He was one the most gentle, the most honest, most caring and most compassionate persons I had met. And one of the most honest actors I worked with."

" I often told him that he had the ability to completely bare his soul in front of the camera, and all I needed to do was make sure the camera could look into his eyes, and through his eyes, the audience could clearly look into his soul," says Kapur.

"Farewell Heath. I always knew you had an ancient soul. I always said you had a wisdom beyond your years. And somehow I always knew that your spirit was too restless. Goodbye, my brother.
"

Shekhar Kapur via People

*Photo from a premiere in New York last November, by PR Photos

3 comments:

Daniela said...

I wish there was a way to turn back the clock Heath…and stop this from happening… One of the most talented and promising actors… so many images left unseen, so many emotions left to portray. And on top of it all, you seemed to be a genuine, nice and real person…
Wish I could turn back the clock and stop this from being true… You won my heart…talent is the most splendorous thing… I wish I could still watch you when we were both in our 60’s. Wish there was a way… My heart sunk when I first heard you were gone… And it sinks everytime I think of you… I just shake my head in sadness and disbelief...
I can´t take your face out of my mind Heath, and Gustavo Santaolalla’s “The Wings” from Brokeback’s soundtrack is playing in my head and won’t stop…Probably because it’s so sad, and so beautiful, and it reminds me of you…
Rest in peace, Heath.
This is just me, saying goodbye…
You’ll forever be up there with the greats to me Heath…
Love always,
Daniela.

Anonymous said...

He will be missed. Goodbye Heath.

Anonymous said...

Heath Ledger was one of those unique individuals who belonged to all of us. In him we saw many people, our sons, fathers,neighbors and friends, but most of all through his life and by the roles he played we saw ourselves. He had universal appeal and in his humble and modest way put us directly in touch with our own humanity. Heath you will be missed dearly by us all. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.