Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hilary Duff's boyfriend bought her a $100,000 Mercedes



Hilary Duff has been dating Mike Comrie, who plays for the New York Islanders, and is he smooth. For her 20th birthday he called her and said he'd picked out an early birthday gift for her and that "I hope you like them."

Duff assumed it was shoes or something of that sort, she says. She went to her sister's house to get her gift. "I opened the garage, and I was just like shocked, just standing there." Inside the garage there was a Mercedes-Benz G-class SUV with a big, red bow on top.

Apparently she had casually mentioned she was car shopping to the cutie pie. "I was planning on getting a big car and I drive a big car anyway, and I was just like, 'You know maybe I like the G-Wagen,' and then I was like, 'No, maybe I like the Cayenne,'" says Duff, whose manager steered her away from the Porsche, reminding her that she was a "terrible driver" and "didn't need that kind of power."

"I've driven it tons," Duff said of her birthday present. "When I called him I was like, 'You're crazy! It's perfect!'"

People/World Celebs

No comments: