Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kanye is done with MTV



In an interview yesterday on New York's Z100, Kanye said that MTV tricked him and exploited Britney Spears.

"They exploited Britney in helping to end her career," West said. "When Britney was opening, near the end, I felt so bad for her. I said, 'Man, it's a dirty game. This game will chew you up and spit you out."

Kanye said he will never, ever work with MTV again. He claims he already canceled scheduled appearances on TRL to promote his new album Graduation.

"I wasn't mad that I just didn't win any awards," West said. "For me, MTV made it seem like performing on the main stage was a bad thing, and the suites were just so great. It was my dream when I made 'Stronger' to open up the VMAs with a real power performance." And that would have been a good thing...for everyone.

Oh, and another thing...Kanye did not appreciate Pam Anderson's intro, telling viewers, "One of the best times I've ever had was making out with the next performer in the middle of the desert. I think I had my tongue so far down his throat I could taste his fiancĂ©e – and I might need a repeat performance later tonight."

"I'm engaged, and I feel like it's disrespectful to my relationship," West says of Anderson's remarks, which he claims the network assured him would not happen.

People

No comments: