Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Love Me Tender



A video of Elvis duetting with his daughter Lisa Marie will be posted on the internet to celebrate the 30th anniversary of his death.

Lisa Marie's voice was added to the original version of Elvis' song In the Ghetto for the video, which also features images of her late dad. Elvis died on August 16, 1977, at age 42.

Lisa Marie said, "We had two hours to lay down my vocals. So the next morning, I heard the rough edit and I've never cried when I've done anything ever... but I just lost it when I heard it."

The video will be posted on Spinner.com Friday- along with the transcript of an interview with Lisa Marie. The duet will be available on iTunes. All proceeds will go toward the building of a Presley Place transitional housing development for underprivileged families in New Orleans.

No comments: