Monday, October 09, 2006

I hate Pittsburgh! Not really



Sienna Miller has offended the nice people of Pittsburgh with her recent remarks in a new magazine interview. She is shooting her latest movie there, The Mysteries Of Pittsburgh, an adaptation of Michael Chabon's novel.

She said to the interviewer, "Can you believe this is my life? Will you pity me when you are back in your funky New York apartment and I am still in Pittsburgh? I need to get more glamorous films and stop with my indie year."

Locals don't think it's very funny, including Mayor Luke Ravenstahl. He said, "I think obviously we have a great town, and I disagree with her comments. I'm sure in her short experience here she hasn't had the opportunity to have a real look around."

Oops! Time to back track...On Friday, Miller apologized for the remarks in a statement, insisting she just hadn't seen the area yet in the daylight. She said she was shooting at night and she had not had a chance to fully explore the city.

"What I have seen of it is beautiful. I came once before to visit the Andy Warhol Museum while researching a film and found both the city and its inhabitants warm and gracious." She promised to tour the city properly this weekend, and lie about how much she likes it so everyone will be happy!

No comments: